AV Elec Senior Supervisor Nights T2
Av/Elec Senior Supervisor (B6T) (Night Shift)
£30,122 + Overtime + Package
General Description of Job:
To ensure trade tasks pertinent to the maintenance, rectification and preparation of the authority's assets are carried out with the correct level of supervision by persons authorised and competent to do so. Tasks are to be monitored and carried out in a safe and efficient manner to ensure task progression meets the allocated flying program without compromising flight safety or the airworthiness of the aircraft. Any problems or foreseen delays are to be reported to the Hangar Manager. This is a post working nights in Hawk T2 in RAF Valley.
The Senior Supervisor will be responsible for meeting agreed delivery targets. Demonstrate people management and leadership skills. The post holder will be an experienced and highly skilled technician undertaking a range of detailed maintenance activities on an aircraft or component, demonstrating the ability to use diagnostic techniques as required. They shall be responsible for maintaining airworthiness through appropriate task authorisation on an aircraft or aircraft component. Demonstrates awareness of broader external dependencies and identified areas for continuous improvement. Senior Supervisors are responsible to the Maintenance Manager (MM) through the Rectification Controller for the efficient and effective daily operation of activities iaw applicable means of compliance.
The main tasks could include but not limited to:
- Carry out all authority Level G tasks that do not require additional authorization criteria - subject to any limitations imposed by the authorizing authority
- Sign 2nd signature for supervision of work within trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank
- Authorized to sign 2nd signature for supervision of work outside trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank if authorised (limitations are stipulated by MM or DMM)
- Insert controlled forms in IMS/Sapphire
- Carry out self-supervised activities within own trade if authorised
- Condition technical equipment as SCRAP inside trade boundary.
- Specify extent of independent inspections in source trade and outside source trade where authorised.
- Specify extent of independent inspections, when he/she has supervised or taken part in original maintenance task to which independent inspection relates
- Maintaining a PEVL to establish continuity of experience. Ensure that all tradesmen return the individual PEVLs for validation of entries on a regular basis.
- Act as nominated Deputy Rectification Controller during absences.
- When detailed, acting as Detachment Manager for both Overseas and UK detachments, liaising with the Detachment Planner, the MM/DMM and the Supply Supervisor during the preparation, operation and recovery phases.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Maintaining an effective changeover by debriefs or written log to provide a smooth transition and continuation of trade tasks between each shift where and when applicable
- All staff are to ensure that they maintain the standard of security policies and procedures as stipulated within Station and Hawk Security Standing Orders.
- All staff are responsible for ensuring that all Information Technology and Information Management processes, policies, procedures and controls are adhered to for all IT systems within their use.
- Champion a culture of Near Miss and Error Reporting and take the lead for subsequent investigations
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- 5 years supervisory experience on Hawk T2 (or equivalent Hawk)
- Supervisors in Aviation
- Training in an Aircraft related discipline to City & Guilds 2675 Level 3 or equivalent
- Quality and Air Safety Management Systems Training
- Use engineering knowledge and understanding to apply technical practical skills
- Contribute to the design, development, manufacture, construction, commissioning operation or maintenance of products, equipment, processes, systems or services
- Accept and exercise personal responsibility
- Use effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Make a personal commitment to an appropriate code of professional conduct, recognising obligations to society, the profession and the environment positive attitude.
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant skills and experience please feel free to apply, If you have any additional questions please call John Ward on 0161 707 1516.