Up to £24278 per annum + Pro Rata
2 months ago
Our client one of the UK's largest charities, that maintain 2,000 miles of historic canals, rivers, docks and reservoirs, along with museums, archives and the country's third largest collection of protected historic buildings - preserving them for future generations. Are currently looking for an Attraction Duty Manager at Anderton Boat Lift for an initial 6 month contract starting as soon as possible.
* Manage a team or teams of staff/ volunteers delivering a safe environment and excellent customer service; for example in maintenance, retail, catering or operation of trip boats/ other.
* Adoption of required emergency, safety, operational, financial, other processes appropriate to tasks. Plan and implement safe working procedures - creation of risk assessments and method statements, in line with the Trust's Health and Safety Policy and standards.
* Customers dealt with to expected standards of courtesy and care; resolve concerns/ complaints.
* Deliver targeted business plan objectives for services, projects, events, maintenance to planned expenditure budgets, regularly reporting on the same. Assist with identifying future priorities/ business planning and budgetary planning.
* Maintain high standards of cleanliness and safety at the site. Identify maintenance requirements and prioritisation. Instigate local maintenance tasks where required; liaise with other operational teams, contractors the Trust management structures as necessary for the execution of works
* Coach, develop and support the team performance for required measures, including customer satisfaction and other service standards. Report on the same.
* Plan and lead volunteers undertaking tasks ensuring the application of Trust procedures and the provision of a safe working environment for volunteers, and a satisfying volunteer experience.
* Recruitment and retention of staff and volunteers to assist with the running of the attractions, ensuring staff and volunteer satisfaction is high and their duties are rewarding.
* Displaying the Trust values and behaviours at all times
* Ensuring that diversity and inclusion are integrated into all aspects of Trust life and promoting inclusion by challenging behaviour, practices, actions, or decisions that are counter to the objectives of the Trust's policies and values
Skills & Experience
* HND or Degree in relevant discipline or proven experience in a similar role
* Relevant occupational qualifications in disciplines for bespoke tasks, for example food hygiene.
* Customer service training qualification - Welcome Host or equivalent
* Valid driving licence appropriate to vehicle for specific roles
* Trust minimum safety learning standards
* Appropriate qualification in safety management, relevant to team discipline - NVQ level 3 Safety Management/ NEBOSH General certificate
* Proven experience in a customer facing relevant to the task required.
* Proven experience in direct sales, handling cash and the application of appropriate procedures
* Proven experience in monitoring budgets and providing management reporting.
* Proven experience in leading and motivating teams; directing, prioritising and delegating daily tasks
* Proven experience leading volunteers
* Proven experience with the use of computers and software packages
* Ability to work flexibly, in accordance with business demands.
* Ability to multi task, and work prioritisation