City of London, London
£45000.00 - £46000.00 per annum + Bonus + additional benefits
6 days ago
Low Carbon Contracts Company
Morson International is proud to be the recruitment partner for The Low Carbon Contracts Company as they embark upon a large and varied recruitment campaign.
The Low Carbon Contracts Company (LCCC) and the Electricity Settlements Company (ESC) sit at the heart of the delivery of the UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable electricity. Run as a private, not for profit limited company, the LCCC primarily provides the mechanism behind Contracts for Difference (CfD) - a contract introduced by the government to incentivise investment in secure, low-carbon electricity.
By enabling smaller low-carbon generators to gain entry through long-term revenue stabilisation, the LCCC plays a pivotal part in the UK's Energy Market Reform, the biggest change to the electricity market since privatisation.
3 years from its inception and having met short term objectives, they look now to move to the next strategic phase and are investing significantly in the workforce and are now looking to recruit a [insert job title] to contribute towards ongoing success
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Assurance and Risk to deliver the level of assurance and risk management sought by the board and the Audit, Risk and Assurance Committee (ARAC) for the Low Carbon Contracts Company and Electricity Settlements Company.
This includes managing the assurance, controls and risk management frameworks and testing plans and providing hands on risk management support to the business.
The size and volume of payments managed by the companies necessitates a significant investment in governance and a robust risk management and controls framework. As well as complying with the UK Corporate Governance Code, the company is also required to adhere to government requirements relating to Managing Public Money. This role is crucial in ensuring that the companies meet the relevant regulatory requirements and effectively manage significant risks.
- Graduate level calibre with 5 years' internal audit or relatable operational experience
- Qualified accountant or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) / Chartered Internal Auditor (CMIIA) Knowledge of assurance and risk management frameworks
- Independent mind-set and ability to challenge the status quo
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organisation
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated with ability to work effectively under pressure and with high levels of personal resilience.
- Experience of using data analytics and tools to provide insight and support assurance activities
- Commercial sector experience and/or experience of the public sector would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the UK Electricity Market and how it operates is beneficial but not essential
Shortlisting dates are secured throughout August so please apply as soon as you are able and further information can be found here https://www.morson.com/low-carbon-contracts-company-careers