US$70000.00 - US$75000.00 per annum
20 days ago
Associate Project Manager
2+ years' experience and job training assisting the direction of project work in any one or more of the following disciplines: Controls System Design/Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Design/Engineering, or Electrical Design/Engineering. Project work experience should reflect support of deliverables development, scope, schedule and budget development and tracking, and team management. This training is generally obtained through college coursework as well as on-the-job training. Other related disciplines may suffice at the discretion of the Company. Must have field experience in the related work environment and be familiar with the use and care of personal safety equipment.
Bachelor of Science Degree, Technical Training or equivalent on the job training.
Must demonstrate the ability to support scope, schedule, and budget for medium size automation projects. Work habits to be of the highest standards. Supports the Project Manager in development of process design, control systems engineering design, electrical engineering and design, mechanical engineering and design, civil/structural engineering and design. Supports the Project Manager in developing estimates, budgets, schedules and manpower staffing requirements for assigned projects. Must be familiar with the infrastructure requirements necessary for automation project construction packages. Must demonstrate the ability to interface with the client (engineers, shop personnel, inspection staff, construction contractors), support staff and CAD resources to meet the defined project needs and schedules. Implements company systems, standards, procedures and tools. Displays the ability to direct others in order to accomplish specific objectives is responsible for providing guidance, assistance and direction to other engineers as well as maintaining work efficiency on assigned projects. Must understand and apply all client and Mangan safety policies.
* Provides support to the Project Manager and Project Team to accomplish the scope of work and achieve prescribed project goals, schedule milestones and cost objectives
* Supports the Project Manager in ensuring that a clear and complete scope definition is prepared, discussed with and validated by the client, maintained and tracked for scope trends throughout the course of the project
* Obtains client authorization for scope change work
* Ensures that company policies, procedures and guidelines are followed throughout the course of the project.
* Reviews weekly timesheet reports to validate that correct phases and tasks are being used and that reports accurately depict the team working on the project
* Coordinates all design reviews, monitors any consultant or subcontractor work.
* Participates in project team meetings
* Supports the reviews and the updates of the project schedule and budget.
* Prepares project status reports as client requires with project progress against major milestones, actual costs against budget, schedule progress and other critical or contractual items.