City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
3 months ago
Asscociate Interior Designer required for 6 month contract role based in central London
Seeking an experience and creative Interior Designer to work in its London-based Interiors team, reporting to the Head of Interiors for UK & Ireland.
The ideal candidate will have experience conceptualising and delivering large workplace interiors for Blue chip clients.
Client liaison and experience in managing teams essential. Experience in workplace and hospitality projects would be advantageous.
- To prepare and develop with the team where required, creative content, drawings, models, images, material & mood boards and other documents relating to the design
- To take responsibility for assigned project deliverables, development of the design with input from the Senior design lead/ Associate or Director in charge for key project stages
- To liaise, where appropriate, with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies
- To seek continuing professional development thorough knowledge of and compliance with client procedures and standards.
- Proficient in Revit / Autocad and Sketch-up
- Proficient in In-Design / PhotoShop and Powerpoint
- Rhino desirable but not essential
- Excellent Strategic/ Design thinking and space planning abilities
- Strong Experience in FFE sourcing and procurement
- Sound knowledge and understanding of UK Building regulations
- Ability to prepare tender and contract/construction information
- Have an Industry recognised diploma or degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture
- Able to understand and formulate design decisions and present for discussion
- Able to integrate design requirements with architecture
- Able to use a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
- Able to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently
- Able demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Willingness to listen and learn from all members of the team
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure
- Understanding of the designers role in the co-ordination and integration of project information and management
Extensive industry experience interior design, commercial workplace preferable