5 months ago
Position: Cost Manager Associate Director - Highways/ Bridges
The position involves taking responsibility in all aspects of the highways/civils cost management services for a multi-million major infrastructure work as part of a large regeneration project in London.
* Monitoring Contractors cost control procedures throughout the duration of the project including the Construction Phase, Final Account and Defects Maintenance Phase.
* Implementing and maintaining all required cost control and audit procedures for all Project Cost Control
* Activities designed to measure the project status.
* Assessing, evaluation and making recommendations related to any financial claim and providing the necessary input with regards to settling such claims.
* Establishing and maintaining variations and claims registers.
* Evaluation all variations, additional works, field changes, additions and omission, and incorporation of the same with the Monthly Cost reports.
* Preparing and pricing Change Orders and negotiating agreement with the Client and Contractor as necessary.
* Conducting viability studies and cost estimates.
* Chairing and recording cost review meetings with Contractors.
* Provide technical leadership for the highways/civils quantity surveying team.
Professional Member in Quantity Surveying in a recognized Institution (subject to Approval of the Client) with a minimum post qualified experience of 10 years
Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying from a recognized University with a minimum post qualified experience of 15 years
Master Degree in Quantity Surveying from a recognized University with a minimum post qualified experience of 10 years.
* Proven experience of undertaking a range quantity surveying activities at a senior level on highways, civil engineering and bridge related projects.
* Excellent technical and communication skills
* Extensive working knowledge the NEC forms of contract
* Previous experience of working in a major highways/ road building projects involving significant interfaces with the public and traffic management
* Experience of working in with a Contractors or Consulting organization.