US$15.00 - US$17.00 per hour + up to 17.00 hourly
2 months ago
Associate Buyer - Orlando, FL
* Provide material support through communications with suppliers and placing purchase orders according to MRP requirements. Uses MRP to plan production and provide suppliers with component levels forecasts.
* Provide production scheduling in a lean manufacturing environment. Work with production to coordinate regular pull system / Kanban maintenance to bring component parts in house.
* Interfaces on a daily basis with production, production management, suppliers, engineering, engineering support and program management to resolve component issues in a timely manner and assure delivery schedules are achieved.
* Plan, schedule, and requisition material to support production and customer requirements.
* Develop and maintain a rapport with supplier management and maintain strong working relationships.
* Participate in the material review board to disposition and process discrepant material in a timely manner.
* Establish and maintain an obsolete parts tracking system with obsolete part forecasts and resolution action.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelors degree (B.S./B.A.) Business Administration or Business Management/Operations Management or equivalent five years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* CPM or CPIM Certification is desirable.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.