9 months ago
We are looking for individuals with an electronics background for our AERO division on site in Basingstoke. At this site we repair aircraft computers, LCD and CRT cockpit displays, laser navigation systems, radio systems, gyrocompasses and many other critical electronic components.
- Evaluate, test, troubleshoot and repair products coming into the site within the required time specified.
- Working in a team over 70 technicians performing component level maintenance and repair.
- Predominantly focusing on the repair of circuit cards.
- Applies general technical concepts, principles, practices and techniques.
- Participates in specific process teams, usually with a clearly defined charter.
- Impact is normally within a single technical process or project or may extend over several processes where impact is short-term.
- Possesses familiarity and capability in the tools of the profession. Applies well-known techniques where technical precedents are well-established.
- Asks questions and learns about Honeywell products and processes.
- Develops ways to improve technical processes and products within own process team or work group.
- Demonstrates understanding of basic processes & equipment used in own area.
- Solves routine problems by selecting the appropriate solution from a limited set of options/procedures following instructions/guidelines.
- May use mathematics involving calculation of percentages, ratios & simple, preset formulas/instruction.
- Basic word processing database, spreadsheet and/or machine operation applications. Able to access multiple systems.
- Provides and obtains information on routine matters with internal and external contacts.
- Reads & comprehends procedure manuals/routine business correspondence/basic technical information.
- Communicates competently in one-on-one discussions. Can write minutes & simple memos.
* Works with leader to plan & schedule own work.
- Orders & replaces supplies/ equipment/parts. May include preparation & sending of supplies, equipment or parts to an external customer. Performs multiple material handling functions.
- Files & retrieves documentation. Records data. Reads and follows prints, methods and operation sheets/procedures.
All candidates submitted MUST be able to pass the telephone test (attached) with a minimum score of 7/10
Pay rate circa £30ph dependent on skills and experience