£150.00 - £190.00 per day
4 months ago
We are currently recruiting for 2 Assistant System Performance Engineers to work on Rail related projects in London.
Role 1 - Primarily this role is responsible for tunnel ventilation and cooling modelling to assist line upgrade projects in understanding the impact of future line upgrades on air velocities and thermal conditions across the deep tube network.
- Undertaking Tunnel Ventilation Modelling (TVM) using the Subway Environment Simulation (SES) software.
- Assisting in the feasibility design assessments of proposed station cooling schemes and ventilation fan upgrades.
Role 2 - Primarily this role is responsible for train performance and traction power modelling to assist line upgrade projects in understanding capacity and infrastructure constraints.
- Undertaking performance and power modelling using the Railway Engineering Simulator software (RES).
- Assisting in the assessment of capacity constraints and mitigations
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in relevant subject. (Essential)
- Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions and make recommendations to senior management. (Essential)
- Ability to use specialised modelling & simulation tools and "non-Windows" based bespoke software. (Essential)
- Ability to plan, implement and assist in managing projects to deliver to time, budget and quality. (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience in Subway Environment Simulation (SES) or in multi train simulation software (MTS) (Desirable)
- Working knowledge of fluid dynamics, modelling & simulation techniques and good industry practice. (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in CFD. (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in using RES (Desirable)
Please apply to this advert today to be considered for the Assistant System Performance Engineer roles or for a confidential chat.