Manchester, Greater Manchester
£28000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + benefits
4 months ago
Morson are working in exclusive partnership with Amey Consulting, a leading multi discipline consultancy, who are recruiting for Assistant Civill/Highways Engineers (and also Senior Civil Engineers) to work within their busy roads and highways division in Manchester Trafford.
This particular Amey serves the One Trafford Partnership account, which is set up to deliver commercial and domestic waste collections, street cleansing, grounds maintenance, facilities management and highways services, including street lighting, bridges, drainage and street furniture.
The Wythenshawe based office houses a highly experienced team, many of which are chartered who between them hold many years design experience within the highways industry. Anyone joining as Civil Engineer will immediately benefit from being exposed to this level of expertise, coupled with Ameys best in class training and development schemes.
Candidates who go on to achieve IEng and CEng status will receive £3000 and £5000 respectively as well as significantly advancing their earnings and career potential at the same time.
The Trafford Highways Consulting account provides the local highway authority function on behalf of Traffic Council. It comprises approximately 40 engineers, technicians and support staff and is organised into three teams dealing with Traffic, Development Control & Drainage and Highway Maintenance (including highway structures).
The account has a significant forward work programme of projects including:
* Highway structural maintenance schemes
* Highway drainage improvement schemes
* Maintenance and improvement of highway structures
* Integrated transport, public realm and road safety improvement schemes
* Traffic management schemes
* Greater Manchester Mayor's Cycling and Walking Challenge Fund projects
* Highway improvements funded through developer contributions
* Carrington Relief Road
The teams are based in Amey's Tatton House Depot, M23 9LF.
What is the purpose of the role?
To provide support in Highways Development Management which will include planning application responses, undertaking of highway and drainage design checks for S278 and S38 works along with the site supervision and support with public rights of way.
What makes the role unique?
This is an excellent opportunity to assist the Principal Engineer with design checks for Highway Works, providing responses to planning applications and updating the definitive map and statement.
What will this role involve?
You will undertake and assist highway and drainage design checks assist in the drafting of highway legal agreements. Undertake site supervision of highway and drainage works, working within defined budgets, to an agreed timetable and to high professional standards. You will also be required to provide support with planning applications, highway adoptions, closures and public rights of way and local flood risk duties.
Key responsibilities are:
* Undertake and assist with detail design checks on highway and drainage improvement schemes,
* Provide, assistance in producing S278 and S38 legal agreements,
* Undertake and assist with site supervision of highway and Drainage improvement works,
* Provide assistance with Highway responses to Planning Applications,
* Assist in the update of the definitive map and statement,
* Undertake technical design work including the production of electronic drawings using AutoCAD and other related software.
* Take ownership of and resolve problems
* Provide technical administrative support including project administration
* Prepare technical reports for both internal and external purposes.
* Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external business partners, customers and clients
* Assist with continuous improvement in the services provided by the team
* Assist less experienced colleagues ensuring compliance with pre-defined standards
* Take ownership of personal development in order to build professional capability
* Plan and prioritise own activities to ensure effective utilisation of time
Who are we looking for?
You will ideally have a higher education qualification in civil engineering and four years proven experience. It is anticipated that the post holder will be looking to achieve Incorporated or Chartered status with a professional engineering institution.
The applicant will need to demonstrate they have the key skills / knowledge in the following areas:
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD, and ideally MicroDrainage
* Ideally experience of either working at or with a Local Authority
* Experience of working on both Local Authority and developer led schemes as part of a multi-disciplinary team
* Civil Engineering design to DMRB standards and Sewers for Adoption
* Understanding of the CDM Regulations
* Experience of Highways Development Management,
* Knowledge of public rights of way,
Interested? Please send your CV . Alternatively email or call 0161 707 1516