Up to £10.00 per hour
3 months ago
12 month contract
Assistant Secretary; based in Christchurch; 12 month contract; £10.00 per hour
An Assistant Secretary is required to work for a large aerospace/manufacturing company based in Christchurch. This is an entry level position and is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to work within an administrative/secretarial role.
The role will involve assisting designated Executives and Team through ensuring the smooth running of their Function by providing a secretarial and administrative service.
This is a Business Support position, with opportunities to learn more about the day to day workings of a particular Business/Function and the organisation.
Duties will involve;
- Provide secretarial support to designated Local Management, ensuring that their requirements are captured and progressed
- Support the Secretarial Function on an ad-hoc basis e.g. holiday/ sickness cover, or where extra support is required
- Diary management, travel arrangements, location planning and catering as necessary
- Organise and collate papers and reports as required by the Local Management Team
- Support completion of ad-hoc activities within deadlines
- Screen incoming mail, telephone calls and messages, re-direct correspondence and callers to appropriate department
- Maintain Management Information System(s), including physical and electronic files for the department. Request and issue reports from these systems
- Transcribe dictated or written materials, take minutes/actions at meetings you are asked to attend
- Invoices/Expenses processed within the month to ensure payment dates are achieved
The successful candidate will ideally hold an ECDL Level 1 qualification and 4 GCSEs (including English and Maths) or equivalent. You will be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). You will be able to work as part of a team or autonomously.You have an inquisitive mindset, wanting to learn about the business and looking to become part of a dynamic Secretarial team, widening your network as you gain experience. You will have good written and oral communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines. To be successful, you must be willing to undertake the training offered to you.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.