Up to £10.00 per hour
3 months ago
12 month contract
Assistant Secretary; based in Christchurch; 12 month contract; £10.00 per hour
An Assistant Secretary is required to work for a manufacturing company based in Christchurch. You will assist your designated Executives and Team through ensuring the smooth running of their business/Function by providing a secretarial and/or administrative service.
This is a Business Support position, with opportunities to learn more about the day to day workings of a particular Business/Function and the organisation.
Duties will involve;
- Provide Secretarial support to designated Local Management, ensuring that their requirements are captured and progressed
- Support the Secretarial community/Function on an ad-hoc basis where appropriate and agreed e.g. holiday/ sickness cover, or where extra support is required
- Manage the daily activities of the Local Management Team including diary management, travel arrangements, location planning and catering as necessary
- Organise and collate papers and reports as required by the Local Management Team
- Support completion of ad-hoc activities within deadlines
- Screen incoming mail, telephone calls and messages, redirect correspondence and callers to appropriate department, obtaining additional information as necessary
- Maintain Management Information System(s), including physical and electronic files for the department. Request and issue reports from these system(s), as required by the local Management Team
- Transcribe dictated or written materials, take minutes/actions at meetings you are asked to attend
- Invoices/Expenses processed within the month to ensure payment dates are achieved
The successful candidate will hold an ECDL Level 1 qualification and 4 GCSEs (including English and Maths) or equivalent. You will be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). You will be able to work as part of a team or autonomously.You have an inquisitive mindset, wanting to learn about the business and looking to become part of a dynamic Secretarial team, widening your network as you gain experience. You will have good written and oral communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines. To be successful, you must be willing to undertake the training offered to you.
A flexible approach to work is required, which may involve working in different locations and different working hours as necessary
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.