£14.55 - £17.15 per hour + dependant upon experience
13 days ago
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Reporting Accountant to work for a defence client based in Fareham. The successful candidate will support the month end and quarterly accounting and reporting processes for Sea Training, to ensure that Sector, Group and local requirements are met and delivered to schedule, and to support delivery of the external reporting obligations of the business unit.
Duties will involve;
- Preparation of monthly reporting submissions
- Processing sales invoices on SAP and Exostar
- Control of excel models to support group submissions
- Analysis of monthly working capital and operating cash performance
- Assist with year-end audit reporting, tax reporting and any other required sector and group reporting
- Support of local and parent company audits
- Assist with statutory accounts in compliance with relevant UK GAAP
- Preparation of Office of National statistics returns
- Weekly short term cashflow forecasting
- Inter-company reconciliations and agreements
- The set-up of new projects, and the administration of existing projects, in SAP
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation - Monitoring & Compliance
- CIS returns and VAT returns
- Ad-hoc reporting
- To ensure that internal and external reporting obligations are met and delivered on schedule
- Compliance with group policies and best practice to ensure the integrity of reporting, and to minimise audit queries or issues
- The maintenance and availability of SAP projects
- SAP ledger reconciliation
- Weekly cash forecasts and reporting
- Analysis of monthly cash performance
- Identification of opportunities for reporting efficiencies and improvement
- To be a proficient SAP User
The successful candidate will be Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA, or actively progressing to qualified status. Sound technical knowledge, of IFRS and UK GAAP is required. You will be resilient and proactive with good attention to detail. You will have experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications, proficient in Excel along with experience of SAP Financial Accounting and Project Systems.
You will be a strong communicator with the confidence to bring issues or concerns to the attention of management. You will have the ability to work with minimum supervision and under own initiative. Good time management skills are essential with the ability to plan effectively.
A full driving licence is also required.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant: FPA; forecasting; audits; cashflow forecasting; SAP