£30000 - £40000 per annum
4 months ago
We're looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join an established engineering consultancy to work across an exciting client list.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will:
- Embrace all company systems and processes, including our market leading in-house work management software, F0CUS.
- Understand and implement the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices to required.
- Proactively manage project change through the relevant contractual mechanisms.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company health & Safety procedures, work instructions and the Contract Management
- Produce and provide accurate forecasts of project costs to completion and final
- Manage commercial risk and cash flow on allocated
- Ensure all financial information is managed and current.
- Track budget and tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted with appropriate commentary and mitigation.
- Ensure that sub-contractors and supply chain accounts are managed strictly in accordance with their terms and
You will be required to:
- Have a degree in Quantity Surveying
- Working towards membership of a relevant professional body, such as
- Have excellent numeracy and literacy skills, as well as having advanced Microsoft office skills.
- Have substantial previous experience in quantity surveying within a relevant business
- Have the ability to operate successfully in a commercial environment and have previous experience of managing project commercial
- Have sound working knowledge of construction and contract
- Be a good decision maker who copes well under
- Have excellent presentation skills.
- Be able to communicate effectively upstream and downstream.
If you would like to be considered for this role please contact Scarlet Wilson on 01617071516.