North West England, England
£23000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
21 days ago
An opportunity has arisen within an established engineering consultancy based in Chorley for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
As an Assistant QS you will:
* Understand and implement the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices to record change etc.
* Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company H&S procedures, work instructions and the Business Management System.
* In conjunction with the relevant project manager/team member, be accountable for the profitability of the project/s and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project/s to ensure delivery of required margins, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project costs to completion and final value.
* Manage cash-flow and commercial risk on allocated projects.
* Liaise with the client, client representative and other 3rd parties on commercial issues, including agreement of additional monies.
* Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and up to date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted as managed.
* Provide commercial advice and guidance to other members of the team.
* Assist procurement in the preparation and issue of ITT's, subcontract documentation, enquire, other documentation and negotiations.
* Ensure that sub-contractors accounts are managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions.
You will be:
* At least half-way through studying a degree in Quantity Surveying
* Previous experience in quantity surveying within a relevant business environment.
* Have a sound working knowledge of construction and contract law.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Scarlet Wilson on 01617071516 for more information.