£26000 - £30000 per annum
28 days ago
An Assistant Quantity Surveyor will:
* Have excellent numeracy and analytical skills.
* Willingness to solve sometimes complex scenarios with accuracy.
* Eagerness to understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices to record change etc.
* Retain a desire to work in innovative ways utilising bespoke software solutions.
* Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company H&S procedures, work instructions and the Business Management System.
* Evaluate the cost and value of work baskets, identify projects at risk of not achieving the required margin and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project to ensure delivery of the required margin.
* Review tender documents and submission requirements ensuring all financial information is identified and provided.
* Prepare supply chain procurement schedules.
* Prepare supply chain tender packages, issue and analyse the returned supply chain tenders for completeness.
* Adjudicate the returned supply chain tenders.
* Assist with the preparation and submission of tenders.
* Enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment.
* Have previous experience within a relevant business environment.
* Hold or be working towards obtaining a degree in Quantity Surveying or similar.
* Have knowledge of construction and contract law.
* Have knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes.
* Have knowledge of plant, equipment, materials and construction techniques.
* Have excellent attention to detail.