about 2 months ago
My Client is looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to shadow a Quantity Surveyor on a daily basis.
The individuals job will include:
Authorised To Liaise With Internal Departments, Client Representatives, Suppliers & Sub Contractors and Other persons, as authorised, to achieve contract objectives.
The primary purpose of this site based role is to assist with the provision of:
* Managing the Commercial aspect of a variety of London Underground projects and to assist in the achievement of the Company's financial performance targets and goals. Supporting and focussing the project teams to optimise the margin for the Company whilst producing client satisfaction and protecting from commercial risk
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
The key tasks of this role include but are not limited to:
* Ensure Interim Applications for Payment are submitted and agreed within contract timescales
* Ensure final accounts are resolved at the earliest opportunity
* Identification, control or avoidance of risk at both project and company level
* Oversee the placement and management of sub-contract accounts
* Support dispute protocol
* Develop and improve relationships within project teams and with the client
* Manage change and complete valuations
Candidates for this role must be effective team players and should meet the following criteria:
* Be Degree qualified with 3 years relevant experience
* In depth knowledge of the NEC 3 / 4 and MF / 1 forms of contract
* Extensive experience of working in a contracting commercial department within the fields of Electrical and Mechanical or minor building works.
* Good working knowledge of London Underground working principles, practices, methods and standards.
* Have understanding of legislation in force relating to Commercial aspects of the Construction Industry
* Strategic thinker with a proven record of managing change
* Politically astute with the ability to broker agreement
* In-depth knowledge of dispute resolution practices and methods
* Have good communication and interpersonal and team working skills with the ability to influence at all levels
* Have good organisational/accuracy skills
* Be IT literate in MS Office applications
Educational/Professional Qualifications Relevant degree and working towards a professional qualification
CSCS Requirements N/A
H&S Requirements General H&S awareness
Any other requirements N/A