4 months ago
Assistant Project Manager x 2 , Permanent, Bristol
Within the Multi-disciplinary team, the Assistant Project Manager will have a diverse role in supporting the Programme management team with the delivery of the works during all project phases within the following tasks areas:
- Nuclear Construction Excellence support
- Health and Safety culture reporting
- Quality reporting
- Schedule review and progress reporting
- Financial assessment and budget reporting
- Contract administration support and reporting
- Risk and Opportunity management synopsis and reporting
- Deliverable development of contract scope
- Stakeholder liaison and influencing
- Joint Management Team Member
The main responsibilities will include:
- Coordination and recording meetings with key project stakeholders (internal & external).
- Supporting, coordination and attending Multi-Disciplinary Team and Joint Management Team meetings.
- Organisation and coordination of Technical Engineering, Cost, Contractor and Scheduling meetings on behalf of the Programme Manager.
- Actively encouraging and promoting continual development of challenging collaborative working behaviours to maintain efficient and effective delivery relationships between Design, Procurement, Pre-construction Planning and Construction teams.
- Production of all Project documentation required to successfully deliver the Project scope.
- Developing and implementing management systems, as required, supporting delivery and quality as specified by the Project Controls Department.
- Ensuring that wider NNB arrangements are implemented, as appropriate, within the Programme of works and advising the management team of any necessary actions to ensure this.
- Facilitate internal communications within the Project Delivery Team and the wider HPC Project teams.
- Interfacing with other teams within Nuclear New Build (NNB), on specific tasks as required, under the direction of the Programme Manager for the team.
- Lead/support and assist on tasks required to support the Programme Manager's delivery of the project and contract scope for HPC.
- Liaise and interface with the other key teams within NNB on specific tasks which are required to support the principle task of delivery of the project and contract scope for HPC.
- Develop, implement and provide ongoing support towards the use of management systems which will support delivery and quality of the outputs from the Project Controls Department, including planning and document control processes.
- Participate in providing support to the Team with regard to compliance with approved NNB procedures.
- Participate in developing the relationships with key statutory stakeholders for the HPC project
- Project manages delivery of documents required to secure Project delivery including those required for ONR L4 meetings. This will include the overall Planning Schedule, as well as detailed schedules for associated technical work streams.
- Support the project management functions of the technical work streams to help ensure they are completed on time and on budget, supporting the management of commercial and technical Work through all phases of the project.
- Financial Management:
- Support the Commercial and Programme Managers in the preparation of necessary budget justifications, PRODEM papers and other approvals to the NNB HPC Project Board.
- Provide support to some of the Technical Contract Leads in negotiations with Suppliers in order to develop a robust contracting strategy.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Implementation of project management and organisational skills, which has been secured by practical experience and a qualification.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, able to communicate effectively and interact with senior managers.
- Exceptional people management skills, with the ability to build relationships, influence and work collaboratively within complex, internal and external, multidisciplinary groups.
- Ability to display and communicate a logical thought process, with excellent analytical skills, including capabilities for budget analysis and forecasting.
- Member of the Association of Project Managers or able to demonstrate an understanding of the APM project management Body of Knowledge principles.
- Technical knowledge of Nuclear Safety Case and its purpose.
- Ability to cope well under pressure and within tight timeframes.
- HNC/HND or Degree in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field.
- Good knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Can demonstrate experience of managing projects through the project lifecycle from concept to handover