£285.00 - £325.00 per day
8 months ago
The Signalling Power & Cooling Team requires an Assistant Project Manager to support the delivery of the projects in the Cooling, Ventilation and Low Carbon Portfolio on a range of London Underground projects.
The Key Accountabilities of the Assistant Project Manager (for signalling power and cooling) will be as follows:
- Ownership of commercial aspects of the project ensuring financial authority is in place for procurement and subsequent contract variations.
- Ownership of an integrated programme schedule.
- Prepare integral project governance documentation and assist with project HSE functions and ensure all documentation is in place
- Prepare and manage project implementation plan, including responsibility matrix, detailed programmes, and cost and resource plans.
- Analyse performance, implementation, and commercial data make decisions where appropriate or provide recommendations.
- Implement and maintain an appropriate reporting structure for performance, implementation, and commercial issues.
- Ensure compliance with all LU Rules and Standards and regulatory bodies regulations.
The Experience, Skills and Knowledge expected of the Assistant Project Manager (for signalling power and cooling) will be as follows:
- Experience of working in project management in a large, complex, safety focussed and regulated organisation(s), where there are multiple complex interfaces, and delivering to time budget and quality
- Experience of building effective working relationships with people at all levels across an organisation and externally
- Experience of managing small to medium projects independently
- Experience of working under the NEC3 contract or similar.
- Knowledge and understanding of planning and project management tools and techniques.
- Experience of managing the contractual aspects and obligations of projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management processes
- Knowledge of safety issues in an operating railway environment
- Understanding of CDM and ability to undertake safety inspections on site to improve suppliers HSE performance
- Holding a valid Sentinel card is mandatory in order to access railway infrastructure. Additional permits including Substation Entry Permit would be desirable.
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***
In order to apply for the Assistant Project Manager (for signalling power and cooling), please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.