Birmingham, West Midlands
£28000 - £33000 per annum
Rail Technical Team
4 months ago
Assistant Project Manager Opportunity
A leading client in the Rail Industry is recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager to work on a permanent basis, based in Birmingham. Offering excellent salary and package.
What is the purpose of this role?
To assist in the management of multidisciplinary or single projects.
What will this role involve?
Support the Project Manager and other team members in undertaking a wide range of project delivery tasks including:
* Outline cost estimating and management and monitoring of project budgets
* Project planning, programming, cost control and administration
* Attend meetings with the Client and other project related organisations
* Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief and compliance with company HSEA requirements
* Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts
* Maximise operating efficiency, so that projects portfolio is delivered in compliance with the Project Control System, and to agreed standards and targets
* Implement quality improvements when opportunities arise
* Contribute to the bid management process on tenders for bid opportunities
What are we looking for?
* Degree qualification (or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for a relevant professional qualification
* Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office suite
* Basic project experience
* Proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
* Good written and oral communication and organisational skills
* Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competencies to enhance personal and team capability
* Proven enthusiasm to embrace and participate in career development initiatives
* Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets