Up to £0.00 per annum + DOE
about 2 months ago
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager for our client Scottish Power based in Glasgow on a long-term contract basis.
There will be a mixture of home & site-based working.
This role sits as a member of the Construction Team, within the Onshore Projects & Construction Team for the Global Onshore Business within Scottish Power Renewables (SPR)
This is an excellent opportunity for a key role as an Assistant Project Manager to support the Project Manager in the delivery of wind, solar PV and battery storage projects and take lead responsibility for specific aspects of these projects. To provide technical, general and ad hoc support as directed by the Project Manager.
* Take the lead on/manage tasks as appropriate and directed by the Project Manager
* Deliver (on/off site) support of Renewable Projects as directed by the Project Manager
* Contract management duties including preparation of contracts and technical specifications for main plant, balance of plant, engineering equipment and minor contracts
* Assist with the discharge of planning conditions
* Good understanding of Health & Safety and CDM regulations
* Liaise and coordinate with external suppliers and contractors to ensure delivery specifications are met, providing inputs on appropriate tender assessments
* Liaise with external stakeholders to ensure project delivery activities are progressed in a competent and timely manner
* Recommend appropriate delivery strategies to the Project Manager
* Provide input to all commercial agreements and contracts to ensure Project risks are mitigated.
* Assist the Project Manager to prepare and present investment cases.
* Contribute to the identification and management of risks, issues and impacts to the project
* Ensure efficient and effective interfacing with the Project Services Team who support delivery of the project portfolio
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Professional Qualification
* NEBOSH Certificate (preferred)
* Up to 3 years relevant experience within selected discipline
* Health & Safety management and practical application of CDM Regulations
* Experience in commercial negotiations.
* Experience of Renewables/Power Generation industry, particularly wind, solar PV or battery storage
* Ability to translate technical detail into commercial impact
* Analyse construction issues providing creative solutions when required
* Tenacity, persistence, and determination to succeed
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent report writing and presentation skills
* Excellent personal organisation and time management skills
* Ability to identify and source external resources and skills to appropriate project delivery requirements
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Project Management capability
* Engineering Qualification
* Project delivery knowledge and awareness
* Contract/Contractor Management experience
* Knowledge of planning processes
* Developed negotiation and influencing skills
* The ability to help to develop high quality tender documentation
* The ability to help to deliver high quality projects
* An understanding of the impacts of construction on the environment