£300 - £400 per day + PAYE or Umbrella company
0161 707 1516
2 months ago
Assistant Project Manager with an aerospace/automotive/defence background required to operate Project Management & Control (PM&C) processes on a multi-million pound project. The role will report into the Design Services Project Manager of our client's In-Service Support business.
For the foreseeable future this will be a remote role but candidates must be prepared to work in Bovington, Bristol, Telford or Washington as and when safe to do so but realistically this is unlikely to be any earlier than Q4 2021/Q1 2022.
The APM will have a level of specialist knowledge in one or more areas of PM&C practice and is expected to be able to adapt and apply these practices in different circumstances, to develop these practices and to guide and instruct others in their application.
Key Stakeholders for the role include (but are not limited to)
- Design Services Project Manager, and peers within the team
- Technical Project Team
- Representatives of the Customer's Project Management team
Position Duties and Responsibilities
This individual will provide support to the design services project manager by providing analysis of data and general project reports.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following::
- Be able to act as deputy for the project manager in their absence.
- Facilitate monthly project status reviews, preparing reports to be submitted to the customer
- Prepare weekly deliverables and invoicing report to the customer
- Facilitate Risk Management Reviews and Risk Reporting
- Provide internal project reports
- Develop and Share best practice in PM&C techniques from across industry
- Manage internal and external stakeholders, such as the UK MOD Design Services Project teams
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience in project management and/or project management qualification from an accredited body such as APM or PRINCE
- A good understanding of the principles of risk management, including use of risk management tools
- Proficiency in MS Project, Powerpoint, Excel and SAP
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confidence to challenge and question their peers when needed
- Knowledge and experience of PM&C governance and assurance processes
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.
Due to the volume of CVs received if you have not had a response within 48 hours please take it that your application will not be progressed but please feel free to visit our website to view other roles.
Candidates without the required aero/automotive/defence experience will not be considered, the client is not looking for a Construction/Finance/IT Project Manager.