3 months ago
Our client a leading Renewable Energy Company are currently recruiting for a Assistant Project Manager based Glasgow City Centre on a contract basis.
To search, identify, evaluate and secure new sites across the UK and Ireland. Growing an organic pipeline of renewable energy projects (onshore wind, solar and energy storage).
This will involve liaising and co-ordinating with teams of consultants and land agents to initially identify sites, develop site potential, assess site feasibility and secure projects under contract. In addition, the role holder will support the New Business Manager with site evaluation strategy, agent performance reviews, process and procedural reviews, standardisation and compatibility assessment, budgeting, timely delivery of feasible projects within acceptable risk parameters.
* Carry out site search and feasibility work including preparing or arranging preliminary layouts, assessments of grid, access and energy resource for all technologies.
* Manage internal project and agent reporting/auditing, including performance analysis.
* Assist in the tendering, appointment, instruction and effective management of land agents/consultants through the site evaluation and feasibility process.
* Explore and maximise opportunities for expansion or additional development on or adjacent to land.
* Keep the New Business Manager fully apprised of opportunities and ensure all internal knowledge is captured.
* Report on trends and opportunities against requirements of the pipeline.
* Ensure all key decisions are supported by sufficient due diligence and investigation
* Proactive approach to health and safety management including development of pre tender/development plans and completion of audits and actions
* Acquire ancillary rights e.g. access, lay down areas, habitat management areas, site compounds and other servitudes/easements, licenses and wayleaves.
* The site evaluation and feasibility activity within the New Business Team is to secure an organic pipeline of renewable energy projects capable of allowing the business to meet its strategic growth targets.
* Assist the New Business Manager with particular emphasis on growing the onshore renewable energy business and is responsible for identifying new sites, securing land agreements and conducting feasibility studies.
* Draws on technical and financial capability within wider business to assist in the assessment of development opportunities - including energy yield assessments, access studies.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
* Degree and/or Professional Qualification, preferably related to land/property or sustainable development.
* Ability to use GIS packages (and other standard PC packages) and read and interpret maps.
* Up to date Renewables technical and market knowledge.
* Experience and understanding of renewable land agreements and negotiations.
* Assisting with negotiation of land contracts.
* Experience and understanding of large data analysis/management for reporting and auditing.
* Health and safety knowledge and awareness
* Knowledge and awareness of renewables land agreements and contracts
* Demonstratable experience and skills in renewable energy site feasibility and development
* Understanding of energy yield assessment
* Competency in stakeholder management
* Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed.
* Full driving licence.