£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
9 months ago
Mid manager role undertaking or assisting with the project management of several contracts whilst providing support to the Project Manager\Directors.
* Assist the Construction\Contracts Director in developing efficient work methods and techniques ensuring that the best use of resources and abilities are made.
* Undertake project planning and management to ensure successful project delivery.
* Record meetings and inform the relevant people i.e. Management giving clear, accurate and concise information Implements detailed works as per the contract drawings, ensuring that checks are made on a regular basis.
* Represent the company and attend meetings with client or the supply chain, etc
* Allocate work to Supervisors ensuring that a report on workload and performance are made to the Construction\Contracts Director on an as required basis.
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships between stakeholders.
* Deputise for the Construction\Contracts Director where required.
* Inform the Construction\Contracts Director of any emerging problems or risks in good time for remedial action to be taken
* Ensure and confirm with the Construction\Contracts Director that all the project's goals have been achieved to the agreed schedule, costs and quality criteria.
* Health and Safety Management of Projects.
* Produces Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
* Commercial awareness and monitoring of projects under their control.
* Co-ordinate site preparation, work controls and project management systems.
* Respond to breaches in Health and safety requirements promptly liaising where appropriate with the Construction\Contracts Director and in line with organisational and legal requirements.
* Give feedback to the Board \management regarding areas where corrective action needs to be taken with the appropriate level of urgency, of the risks associated with non-conformance during inspections.
* Prepares presentations, assists with Pre-Qualification documents ( PQQ`s) and tendering.
* Undertake ( HSEQ ) auditing as required.
* Ensure that the work environment conforms to organisational and legal requirements e.g. personal protective clothing, accident reporting etc.
* Ensure that records regarding Health and Safety and the work environment are complete, accurate and comply with organisational and legal requirements.
* Inform, Supervisors, foremen and gangs about their legal and company responsibilities for maintaining a healthy, safe and productive work environment, e.g. potential risks, hazards restrictions etc.
* Liaise with clients and provide help and assistance where appropriate.
* Provide working drawings, operations instructions as required.
* Problem solve where required.
* Ensure individuals conform to information requirements - timesheets, signoff of work etc, log of materials.
* Provide teams with clear, accurate and up-to-date information appropriate to the role they play in the contract.
* Co-ordinate and monitor the contract in accordance with the Works Control Programme and identify emerging risks and difficulties.
* Ensure that all site administration e.g. Allocation sheets, Weekly Plant return, are complete and accurate in order to maintain traceability of plant and equipment and to provide the foundation for the contract system.
* Complete all the necessary procedures relating to finance, resources and personnel in accordance with company requirements.
* Complete records of quality audits in accordance with agreed procedures and timescales i.e. at the end of works.
* Support internal and external auditors in assessing work on site
* Deal with any actual or potential problems with resources promptly liaising with the Site Supervisors where necessary.
* Assist with waste management initiatives.
* Mentors junior staff
* Log, store and maintain information, records and correspondence on a day-to-day basis, in line with organisational and legal requirements
* 5 years experience in fabrication\steelwork\Civil Engineering
* HND\Degree Qualified.
* Health and safety 5 day certificate (SMSTS), CSCS Card, PTS Card ( desirable) Rail and Site based experience
Good knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation and regulations.
* Experience in construction matters and techniques