29 days ago
Assistant Project Manager, Permanent, Gloucester
You will be part of a large client lead team at the Barnwood office. Junior Project Managers are accountable to the Portfolio Project Manager (PPM) for successful delivery of all aspects of their assigned projects. The Junior Project Manager sets the project execution strategy in agreement with the PPM and uses a cross-functional project team to deliver the project safely in line with company policies and procedures, achieving established goals and objectives within the agreed baseline.
* Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, client procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
* Applying the client project controls standards and developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline
* Managing assigned projects from concept (Gate A) to close out (Gate D) and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans
* Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and all stakeholders including Station, Regulators and central support functions to ensure full understanding and commitment to the deliverables
* Meeting the specified project functional criteria Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline, instigating and managing change control as necessary
* Contract management responsibilities where delegated in the F3 Nomination of Contract Roles form
To the Line Manager
* Delivering the project in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives, compliant with appropriate legislation, Project Procedures and within the approved project baseline, scope, cost, schedule and quality requirements
* Minimising the project risks (threats) and maximising opportunities
* Maximising the project efficiency and effectiveness
* Early identification of issues and/or concerns that either have the potential or will impact the project baseline
* Proposing, agreeing, implementing and reporting corrective actions to secure the project baseline
* Providing accurate and timely information, data and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance, making use of earned value management where appropriate
Qualifications and Experience
* Minimum 2 years project and/or engineering experience.
Flexible and willing to undertake a broad range of project management tasks.
* Work with other technical engineers and scientists to develop the detailed scopes of work for each project and work package and ensure that they seamlessly integrated with each other to deliver the work programme.
* A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.