7 months ago
An Assistant Project Manager is required by one if our prestigious clients
What you will be doing
You will be the focal point for the governance, deliverables, resource and financial planning of an engineering team co-ordinating with other engineering teams, customers and stakeholders.
You will be accountable for the:
- Planning of tasks, deliverables and resources.
- Monitoring activities against plans and budgets through the collection and consolidation of data supporting performance indicators.
- Analysis and reporting of performance and driving management actions through issue identification and stakeholder management.
- Acting as a focal point for improvement activities where possible.
- Leading drumbeat and review sessions.
In addition to the above day to day deliverables you will be responsible for developing and coaching others in the team in Project Management competences.
The following attributes are requested for the role:
- You can demonstrate your skills as a natural problem solver.
- You are open to change, dynamic, and adaptable.
- You have a strong project management experience and can demonstrate the link between deliverable, resource and financial planning.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience of leading teams in a business context and be able to operate in a fast-paced environment with wide ranging stakeholders.
- You will have experience of supplier management and have a strong ethics and compliance nature.
- You have strong digital skills with high level MS Excel and MS PowerPoint abilities.
- You have strong communication and people skills, able to think on your feet and adapt your behaviour as required.
- You enjoy networking and engaging with diverse groups of people - operational and senior management.
- You are an effective listener, and a convincing speaker.
- You are able to get people on-board with an initiative and get the most out of members of a team.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Advanced MS office skills required particularly with the use of MS Excel and MS Project - experience of Google docs would also be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills required with ability to present clear and concise messages to senior business management.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Headcount and task planning and scheduling skills.
- Cost controlling skills.