York, North Yorkshire
£200 - £220 per day
Rail Technical Team
6 months ago
Recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager to work on a contract basis in York working for a leading client in the Rail Industry. Role is inside scope of IR35. Contract will start asap, and initially run up until 19.2.2020.
- Support the Works Delivery Manager(s) and team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures.
- Support the development of work plans that enables work to be delivered safety, efficiently and compliant to standards.
- Assist in the identification of and implementation of safety, asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Review remits and specifications for deliverability.
- Support the delivery of maintenance and project work to standards.
- Manage and coordinate work, resource specifications, method statements and plans as required.
- Deliver work in accordance with the agreed programme.
- Provide information to update systems, databases and records.
- Support an agreed programme of staff surveillance, work quality checks and asset condition checks.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experienced in the management and coordination of projects, worksites and resources
- Knowledge of relevant standards and procedures
- Knowledge of other functional disciplines
- Knowledge of operational railway environment
- Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
- Understanding of Civils Engineering
- Understanding of Building Construction
- Educated to Level 3 NVQ or equivalent
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of quality, environmental, commercial, and financial procedures