Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per hour + negotiable
Rail Technical Team
20 days ago
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Their expertise includes Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Nuclear, Security, Environmental, Oil, Gas & Chemicals in 160 countries on all seven continents. The company and culture are built on over a century of leadership and relentless adherence to values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity.
Development in the coordination of project activities related to the production of the Project. You will support the delivery of processes and tasks relevant to successful delivery of the project as a whole.
- Coordinate with the project Controls BL2 planner to collect and report weekly progress updates against the BL2 work-streams, including, but not limited to: Cost estimate, Delivery schedule, Value engineering opportunities;Scope changes;Risk and Benefits.
- Update and maintain the BL2 Actions log, recording actions as they are raised either internal to the project or from external interfaces (e.g. DfT or P-Rep recommendations and actions). Follow up on action closures with responsible parties, maintaining a detailed record of updates against actions and preparing action review / closure sessions as required.
- Develop / improve reporting tools / methods to coordinate the BL2 delivery and outputs and support management of the Baseline outputs.
- Prepare and maintain presentation materials as required to assist communication of BL2 activities and critical issues at various levels, for example: Cost Waterfalls, What-if strategy scenarios, Board papers, Progress and status updates.
- Maintain and update the Baseline 2 Project Execution Plan, including tracking of review actions and governance.
- Attend, minute and track actions at the Baseline Working Group meetings.
- Attend project coordination meetings to keep up to date with project developments and feed into Baseline Working group.
- Maintain and coordinate responses to programme-level risk registers.
- Coordinate with Sponsorship Lead and Engineering Interface Manager to maintain and track project scope and develop the Baseline Scope Book.
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERTISE:
- Degree Qualified with Post Grad experience in Engineering Environment
- Previous Experience of managing activities within a Programme
- Exposure to Document Management Systems
- Baseline experience
- Must have experience of managing stakeholders, partners, councils, clients etc and must have excellent communications skills
- Understanding of the aspects of project delivery relating to Baselines (cost, schedule, scope definition, etc.).
- Working towards Chartered Status
- Courteous, tactful and diplomatic.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are critical.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to perform in a high volume, priority changing environment.
- Ability to use initiative important.
- Ability to work in a team and independently when required.