£0.00 - £1 per hour + Negotiable
4 days ago
- Be responsible for all aspects of project management for construction projects, including the deployment of project control and project management techniques
- Responsible for the management and performance of assigned projects, sub contracts, vendors and/ or accounts and will ensure plans are in place (e.g. Budgets, quality, performance and output plans)To monitor & report progress and feed information as part of the project recording and review process
- Management of sub contracts, work packages and/ or small projects, ensure delivery of budget, schedule, scope, risk management and quality of the sub contract
- Issue authorisations for work within the scope of own activity, i.e. release of budget such that work can be undertaken and the contract or project delivered
- Involvement in the creation of Reporting Packs and delivery of Project reports up through the business chain.
- Ensure compliance with all Project Management tools and techniques, e.g. Life cycle management, risk register, change control, etc.
- Ensure SHE and Quality Governance and compliance including application of CDMC across all projects
- Assist with decision making for projects on resourcing strategy, sub contract and supply chain activity. In the absence of the PM, delegated authority to lead in setting and agreeing direction with senior management on behalf of the Project.
Functional Knowledge Requirements
- Essential - Project Management qualification (preferred APMP, PMP) or able to demonstrate experience of managing projects
- Desirable - Degree in a building related subject, or equivalent qualification.
- Essential - A professional qualification in a construction related discipline either as "Member" or "Associate/Incorporated" membership level, with significant relevant post-qualification experience.
- Desirable - a professional qualification in health and safety.
- Essential - Current CITB CSCS card or be prepared to obtain.
- Planning and Scheduling: Extensive skill and significant experience of defining the scope of the project and of breaking this into manageable units; work breakdown structures, control accounts and work packages.
- Risk & Opportunity Management: Extensive skill and significant experience in identifying, assessing, allocating and managing project risks and project opportunities.
- Performance Management: Familiar with and some practical experience with a structured approach to planning, cost collection and performance measurement.
- Lifecycle Management Phase Review: Extensive skill and significant experience of the lifecycle gates to assess the health and management maturity of a project.
- Lifecycle Management Contract Review: Extensive skill and significant experience in periodic business/ project progress reviews within a project lifecycle.
Stakeholder Management: Extensive skill and significant experience in identifying, analysing and planning actions to communicate, negotiate, and influence internal/ external stakeholders
- Extensive understanding of Line of Business or project, its markets, customers, strategic priorities and culture
- Previous membership in a supervisory role.
- Experience of building relationships and negotiating outcomes with internal and external stakeholders.
- Extensive understanding of the wider Project Management environment, and of developments and practices in the field.
Extensive understanding of the structure, organisation, processes and culture of Line of Business or project, so as to be able to implement Project Management approaches.