3 months ago
Job Description and Skills
Assistant Project Manager
The Mode 5 Programme is an exciting dynamic challenge, introducing the Mode 5 IFF Capability across a number of Air Land and Sea platforms, from platform solution design, through formal design review cycles and Test, Evaluation and Acceptance activities to achieve Release to Service from the UK MOD Platform PTs.
The business is looking to recruit an Assistant Project Manager to support the introduction of Mode 5 IFF capability on various Air Domain Platforms.
Key Responsibility Areas
Assisting the IPT Lead with all aspects of Project Management, including but not limited to;
- Assisting with Risk/issues management
- Generating monthly project status reports for review and agreement with the IPT lead
- Maintaining the Project register of assumptions, exclusions and dependencies
- In conjunction with the project planner and sub-contract manager, manage and report on the status internal/external dependencies
- Support to the Project Planner in reviewing schedules and tracking subcontractor progress
- Assist with the production of the up/down Contract Change Requests
- Management and support to the production and issuing of contract document deliverables
- Maintain the project Action trackers
- Support the sub-contract manager in managing the import / export of documentation and hardware
- Day to day support to the IPT lead
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Appropriate Degree / Qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
- Project delivery experience including ability to deliver projects to cost, schedule and technical requirements in a difficult financial environment.
- Demonstrated experience using process skills such as EVM, CPA & Risk/ Opportunity management.
- Experience of being in close contact with customer stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction maintained
- A good understanding of SAP an advantage
- Ability to work within a team and across teams.
The APM role will be based in Bristol, but will also include travel in the UK to our Subcontractor sites as required.