Argyll & Bute, Scotland
£30 - £40 per hour
2 months ago
Assistant Project Manager
Work Location Faslane
Proposed Responsibilities * Support the SPM to deliver a complex, multi-discipline nuclear project throughout the full project lifecycle from concept phase to final handover
* Support the management of an integrated project team including interfacing with other stakeholders
* Support the SPM in all aspects of Project execution, and in ensuring that project execution is in accordance with the Project Management and Project Execution Plans
* Promote best practice and support & develop project team to maximise efficiency & effective delivery
* Develop & implement effective execution strategies & plans in line with the overall project strategies & plans
* Facilitate budget monitoring & commercial awareness
* Develop and maintain the project risk register, including helping to ensure that relevant project risks are identified & managed/mitigated as appropriate
* Preparation and presentation of monthly performance and progress reports.
Educational Professional Qualifications Required * Good communication skills and ability to negotiate and influence others including building and maintaining effective relationships with multiple stakeholders
* Degree qualified or relevant experience.
* Experience of modern project management techniques within complex, multifunctional organisations. (Membership of APM is desirable.)
* Knowledge and understanding of processes involved in planning and strategy organisation and governance personnel and professional matters
* CTC cleared and ability to be SC cleared
* SC or DV cleared
* An engineering degree (civil / mechanical / marine, in particular).
* Membership of a relevant professional body
* Knowledge of the full project life cycle stage-gate principles of project delivery. The Company system will be explained after engagement.
* Knowledge of UK Health and Safety Legislation, information concerning specific company safety, quality and security procedures shall be provided in-post.
* Experience of working on complex nuclear infrastructure projects
* Experience of defence (infrastructure) projects
* Project management competence is desirable from one of the following routes:
* Qualification such as APMP, PMP or Prince2.
* Membership of a relevant Professional body where PM Competence is a criteria for qualification.
* Evidence of Knowledge and Experience as listed below
Rate will depend upon candidates experience and qualification.