Vital resources have been employed by a reputable and growing specialist rail contractor in the West of Scotland to aid them in appointing a new Assistant Project Manager to deliver major framework projects throughout the Central Belt.
As an APM your main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the coordination of all OLE projects undertaken, to ensure that all are correctly resourced and that no resource conflicts occur
- Assist to ensure all OLE design, technical and construction deliverables are produced in a timely manner and to a consistently high quality as expected by the client.
- Assist in the production of weekly staff rosters to cover all projects and ensure that all resources are allocated, all logistical issues covered and only staff that are trained and certificated can be allocated for each specific task.
- Monitor progress of all remitted OLE projects to ensure change is appropriately managed/measured, and where necessary, reported to all stakeholders
- Ensure that up to date records of individual projects are maintained and are available for audit purpose (in liaison with construction manager)
The successful applicant for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in a similar role working as an assistant Project Manager within a rail or civils company.
- Knowledgeable in rail, project requirements and an awareness of processes and requirements.
- Full UK Driving License and a willingness to travel for work to different offices and site locations.
- Valid PTS and OLEC competencies required
- The ability to work unsupervised and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
For this our client is willing to offer a very competitive salary along with a comprehensive package to the successful candidate along with the chance to progress within your career.
If you would like more information about this position, or to apply, please feel free to contact Jamie Nicholson using the details provided. Alternatively please click the "apply now" link.