Up to £22.00 per hour
28 days ago
An Assistant Project Accountant / Analyst is required to work for a large defence company based in Christchurch, you will be reporting to the Project Accountant. You will be working on a £400m project and it is a great opportunity to interact with a variety of functions on a large programme.
Working in the finance team will provide you with the exposure and ability to develop your stakeholder management and project accountant skills.
Duties will involve;
- Review and submit monthly actuals and forward forecasts for order intake, sales, gross margin and cash including risk and opportunity schedules. Reporting against variances and working with Project Managers to ensure reliable and robust financial forecasting.
- Review estimates to complete and actuals with Programme Managers, produce monthly project reports for management review.
- Support customer invoicing across the business
- Complete Project Reconciliations each month to source systems, including for Invoices raised, sales generated, debt outstanding, actual costs
- Provide support to Project Balance Sheet reviews
- Provide other financial data and analysis to the Business Group Leads as required and to undertake ad hoc tasks as required by the Project Accountant / Finance Manager.
The successful candidate will have excellent analytical skills and keen attention to detail, as well as being well organised. You will be approachable and enthusiastic with the confidence to challenge where needed. You will be working as part of a wider team and must be a team player with a collaborative attitude.
It is essential you have experience in analysing data and have advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills and desirable you have experience working in a Finance environment.
Please note the pay rate advertised is a Limited pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; accounts assistant; FPA; forecasting; audits; variance analysis