West Midlands, England
£30000 - £37500 per annum + Benefits
Rail Technical Team
22 days ago
Morson International is recruiting for an Assistant Procurement Manager you will be delivering major corporate procurement projects end-to-end and developing procurement documentation in line with internal and external governance.
About the role:
- Manage procurement's through the procurement life-cycle stages from identifying the business need to contract award drawing on internal and external resources as required;
- Advise on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and developments, applicable government policies and procurement routes; to ensure that all activities are comply with regulations;
- Promote importance of procurement across business units and best practice through continuous improvement so that procurement processes are effective in delivering objectives;
- Manage the e-procurement solution for specific projects ensuring all projects are advertised sufficiently, information is correct and meets all UK government transparency requirements and EU procurement legislation;
- Participate in team meetings for procurement, provide specialist guidance and enable the implementation of policy, projects and change initiatives; and
- Provide monthly reports to the Procurement Operations Director which evidence successful delivery of projects.
- Experience of compiling procurement documentations including tender and commercial documents whilst maintaining accuracy and quality;
- Experience of market engagement activities;
- Experience of using e-tendering solutions;
- Experience of procuring corporate services and other indirect projects;
- Awareness and understanding of procuring through OJEU, established Government frameworks and under the Utilities directives;
- Awareness of various forms of contract and contact drafting;
- Knowledge and experience of working with or for publicly funded bodies including central government departments;
- Membership of or willing to work towards, the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.