£23000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + Salary dependant on experience
about 1 month ago
12 Month FTC
Reporting into the Planning Manager, the Assistant Planner will be a key member of the Planning Team and will be involved in receiving and converting customer forecasts into planned volume with appropriate ingredients/dry goods to meet customer requirements.
The main objective of the Assistant Planner is to optimise the production and purchasing plans within a time constrained environment.
- Receive and review certain customer forecasts.
- Schedule the customer demand within the Access Planning database in an optimal manner, whilst working to customer requirements.
- Where required review dry goods procurement requirements and action with suppliers.
- Review the ingredient requirements for the whole range of blended products and prepare procurement plans to maintain appropriate stock levels with minimal wastage.
- Prepare and review with stake holders the ingredients supply and blending requirements and action appropriately.
- Provide demand data for logistics and production teams.
- Produce the weekly conformance to plan report for Planning Manager to review.
- Work with Purchasing Manager and Account Managers on supplier / customer liaison. Produce required reports and presentations and communicate as required.
- Be prepared to work on other planning requirements to ensure the overall team delivers objectives.
- Work in an open and responsive way, with a flexible attitude as part of the Planning Team.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships within the business, ensuring communications are effective at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Planning / Purchasing and Supply Chain experience.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong MS Office skills including MS Excel
- Good team player
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist