Up to £0.00 per hour
8 days ago
Assistant Management Accountant; Bristol; Contract
The role of the Assistant Management Accountant reports to the Senior Management Accountant working for our client near Bristol.
The role focuses on supporting the controlling and reporting of all activities involved in Management Accounting.
As part of a small team the individual will have the opportunity to develop and progress and be exposed to the business as a whole.
Your main responsibilities will be;
- Prepare monthly financial reports and hold meetings with budget holders to review actual spend and forecast expected spend for labour and overheads
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget, monthly forecast and strat plan
- Assist with the delivery of a range of month end close activities on time and to a high standard of accuracy
- Preparation of daily and weekly KPI reports for senior management review
- Maintaining the accuracy of WIP reports by running the monthly spar swaps
- Assist with analysis of shipset costing, including purchase price variance (PPV) and production usage variance (PUV) and supporting standard cost updates.
- Approving SRM (Purchase Order) carts, ensuring they are in line with budget / forecast.
- Assist with monthly submission of actuals and forecasts into group systems
- Monthly Balance sheet reconciliations
- Entry and processing of journals
- Develop the financial knowledge of non-financial managers within the business as appropriate
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reporting requirements as required to agreed deadlines
- Contribute fully to Continuous Improvement for all Finance Activities
- Engage and develop strong relationships with Key Stakeholders
- Assisting with systems development projects including sales invoicing, improving quality of data in the scrap process, improving the usefulness of financial statements in SAP, developing BW reports
- Assist the Senior Management Accountant and the Financial Controller with any other duties as required
- Part qualified CIMA or equivalent
- Excellent standard of computer literacy, particularly in using Microsoft Excel
- Diligent and flexible individual interested in taking part in a wide range of business issues.
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment, with the flexibility to take on ad hoc analysis and reporting requirement when necessary.
- Experience of SAP and Hyperion
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy