about 1 month ago
My Client, a market leader in sonar and combat management systems working within the Defence space are looking for an experience Assistant Management Accountant to join their Dorset based team on an 18 month basis to cover a period of maternity leave.
Reporting into the Senior Management Accountant, the successful candidate will be involved across all elements of accounting - The role will be fluid day to day and will vary across all elements of management accounting / providing the business with support and guidance and assisting in the development of tools to predict report & maintain project and financial performance.
Key accountability's may include:
- Preparation and input of the Accruals and Prepayments.
- Assisting with the creation for all internal projects including R&D and investment projects, ensuring that settlement rules correct and budget upheld.
- Reporting the detailed utilisation analysis by division including breakdown of labour recovery, non-recoverable time, bidding, R&D and internal project. This extends to bench-marking and labour demand analysis.
- Monthly preparation of Phased Trial Balance, Profit and Loss, KPI's
- Production of monthly cost centre reviews, Budget vs. Actuals vs. Forecast YTD.
- Non-project invoicing and journalling
- Cash receipt allocation
- Expenses processing/checking
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Providing ad hoc analysis as required.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Strong excel skills (VLookups / Pivot Tables / Formulas)
- High levels of accuracy and excellent analytical skills to be able to collate significant amounts of data and analyse accurately to provide meaningful commentary and explanations for variations from budget.
- Strong communication skills. Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Trustworthiness and respect for confidential information.
- Regular interactions with various teams to assist in the resolution of specific issues.
- Flexible, both in taking on tasks at short notice and fulfilling other duties when required.
- High level of accuracy and methodical approach, well organised with strong attention to detail.
The role is an 18 Month FTC and the business are keen to secure a candidate to start ASAP.