South West England, England
Up to £0.00 per annum
11 days ago
Job Title Assistant Management Accountant
Reports to Management Accountant
Hours 37 hours per week, additional hours may be required to meet the needs of the business
Duration Initially 8 weeks, with ability to apply for 12 month FTC
The Assistant Management Accountant will be a key member of the Central Finance team, contributing towards the continual progression and development of the Management Accounting function.
The successful candidate will be innovative and keen to drive continual improvement in their own work area.
Good communication skills and the ability to inter-react with staff at all levels and from all areas of the business are essential.
Activities include but not limited to
* Support Cost Centre Managers in the control of costs, prepare forecasts and budgets, and variance analysis
* Compiling and reviewing key monthly Performance Controlling reports
* Ad-hoc reporting and analysis of business revenue and costs to support the board in key decision making
* Prepare and review a selection of Balance sheet reconciliations
* Provide cover for the cash reporting and analysis activities
* Support the month end closure activities, including prepare and posting journals
* Preparation of Order Intake reports and Order book reports, and reconciliation to base systems
* Support the annual budget process
* CIMA / ACCA / ACA at Intermediate level and intending to complete the qualification
* Excellent excel skills (including pivot tables and lookup functions)
* Good communication skills
* Team player
* SAP or similar ERP system