Up to £15.59 per hour
27 days ago
A new opportunity is now available got an assistant Financial Accountant to join a large Aerospace and Defence company
You will be required to support the Senior Financial Accounting Manager and Financial Accountant providing accurate and timely financial data to the Defence Business Unit
To liaise with the Finance Managers and the Business Facing teams to assist with all financial accounting transactional reporting and comply with any ad hoc reporting requests.
Reporting to the Finance Accountant:
- Preparation of standard journal inputs i.e.payroll, BUPA, insurance, FCM etc
- Prepares non contract specific balance sheet reconciliations for review
- Preparation of the weekly short term cash forecast (STC) for DSG and consolidation of the Land STC
- Provision of transactional analysis for payroll, overtime, T&S, IT recharges, headcount including variances against budget, forecast and monthly fluctuations
- Updates the BU Finance manual
- Assists with Internal and External audit requests
- Assists with the preparation of annual corporation tax returns and query co-ordination
- Assists with preparation of VAT, CIS, PSA and Intrastat returns and query resolution
- Ad hoc financial accounts related duties
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Significant experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience of ERP systems and financial reporting tools
- Part qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or AAT
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed.
Skills Profile/ Other requirements
- A demonstrable team player.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ensure adherence to defined processes and work instructions.
- Excellent time management skills
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;
Accounts assistant; accounts payable, accounts receivable; purchase ledger; sales ledger; SAP; SAGE; AAT; payroll; VAT returns; reconciliation; credit control