£18.20 - £23.35 per hour
12 days ago
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Finance Manager to support the processing of all financial data and preparing accurate and timely financial accounts including cashflow reporting for a defence company based in Bristol. The role is to cover sick leave and the successful candidate needs to be comfortable working in a pressurised environment with tight deadlines and backlogs. This role will prepare the monthly compliance reports, financial accounts, support the external audit function and conduct financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance.
- Raise Sales invoices as instructed to ensure invoice deadline is met
- Post invoices/receipts to Sage
- Update Sales invoice register - excel file
- Prepare monthly Sales ledger control
- Chase payment as required
- Supervise purchase ledger, check coding of invoices.
- Oversee monthly purchase ledger control, and supplier payments process.
- Deal with any supplier queries as necessary.
- Ensure purchase order or contract documentation in place.
- Flag/query unusual charges.
- Oversee employee expenses claims, check authorised and coded correctly.
- Deal with queries as necessary.
- Work with the Finance Manager and HR to develop and implement expenses policy.
- Weekly mon - update cash flow - Corima
- Oversee and maintain cash book - excel file.
- Monthly reconciliation of Rheinmetall AG - In house clearing bank statements. Download statements from EPMS.
- Liaise with Corporate treasury - Dusseldorf re banking administration and Treasury Intelligence Solutions (TIS)
- Liaise with Commerzbank re direct debits, payment issues.
- Carry out banking AUDIT checks as required by Dusseldorf.
- Arrange and authorise payments.
- Be responsible for use of the company credit card and administration of the account.
- Liaise with Airplus/BCD travel/Dusseldorf re AIRPLUS credit card administration.
FIXED ASSET REGISTER
- Maintain fixed assets register and record of additions, disposals.
SUPPORT MONTH END
- Inter company reconciliations - Oversee, prepare, deal with queries.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the preparation of lead schedules accruals, provisions, obligations, prepays
- Post nominal journals and prepare month end TB.
- Post information to group accounts consolidation tool.
- Liaise with Financial controller re WIP and other adjustments to accounts.
- Liaise with auditors and deal with audit queries.
- Check statutory accounts
- Prepare and submit quarterly EC Sales list
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns
- Ensure VAT compliance, rules reclaiming INPUT VAT and correct VAT codes.
- Deal with enquiries from HMRC, further information requests and VAT inspections
The successful applicant will be able to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in a variety of settings and can assimilate complex instructions easily. You will have the ability to communicate with all levels of management, staff and key stakeholders to establish productive relationships. Excellent influencing and negotiation skills are required. You will be a good problem solver and be able to establish harmonious relationships with key stakeholders and achieve positive working relationships and outcomes. You will display exceptional listening and analytical skills to understand clients needs and concerns and the ability to respond promptly and effectively to these needs. You will be a team player and be self-motivated and results-orientated. You will be able to prioritise work to meet deadlines and motivate others
The successful applicant will be CIMA/ACCA qualified or equivalent with strong SAP and Sage knowledge as well as Word and Excel. Knowledge and understanding of International Accounting Standards (IAS) including local GAAP and experience reporting in SAP and Sage. Knowledge and understanding of the UK tax system and reporting is required.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;