£33340.00 - £36674.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Morson Group (Accountancy and Finance Division).We are assisting our client with their recruitment to the position Assistant Finance Business Partner (based Bristol Central).
To provide assistance and support to Finance Business Partners at a regional level, compiling and analysing financial data, checking and challenging performance against targets and providing professional advice and guidance regarding financial matters to ensure that the Directorate's financial position and forecasts are accurately accounted for and that information is available to be used in the Directorate's business decision making processes.
1. Provide support to the Finance Business Partners in delivering the strategic and operational objectives of the function.
2. Liaise with Project Sponsors and teams to produce, on a timely basis and in accordance with the Company's reporting requirements, monthly management accounts and reports, monitoring performance against budget/forecast and seeking explanations for variances.
3. Work in partnership with Business Management, Central Finance Teams and others to ensure that financial information is recorded and controlled in an efficient manner, utilising all available support and resource.
4. Work with Finance Business Partner to ensure the rigorous analysis, review and challenge of forecasted and emerging costs and expenditure, both within year and across the life of any project, to enable assessment of value for money, delivery of expected outputs and achievement of proposed efficiencies.
5. Work effectively with the Finance Business Partner, Workforce Planners, local project teams and sponsors, Central Finance Team and others to contribute to the development of budgets and forecasts that are robust, realistic and well-supported.
6. Identify possible gaps and risks in the provision and application of financial policies, procedures and controls and offer advice for continuous improvement.
7. Build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with staff, supply chain and other stakeholders as relevant across the business area.
8. Develop and maintain relationships with the wider Assistant Finance Business Partner community, sharing knowledge and best practice to develop more effective and efficient working practices.
9. Assess safety performance to minimise risks, develop improvements and escalate issues with relevant authorities in a timely manner and carry out any tasks identified to the post in the relevant sections of the Health and Safety plan.
Business Knowledge and Experience
- Part qualified accountant or actively studying for a Central Council of Accounting Bodies (CCAB) qualification, or Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualified with finance, governance and commercial experience.
- Knowledge and experience of using industry standard accounting systems, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office components, especially creating and using complex spreadsheets.
- Track record of delivering outcomes and achievements in a customer and delivery focused organisation, working as part of a team.
- Ability to grasp complexities of the business and understand the implications of applying specialist knowledge.
- Ability to assimilate and convey complex and challenging information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to engage effectively with staff at all levels and with different technical understanding.
- Ability to prioritise in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and present results in front of others