£39000 - £40000 per annum
22 days ago
Our client, A leading Renewable energy company are looking for an Assistant Project Manager based in Glasgow city centre on a long term contract role.
This is an excellent opportunity for a key role as an Assistant Project Manager to support the Project Manager in the development and delivery of renewable projects (onshore) and take lead responsibility for specific aspects of these projects. To provide technical, general and ad hoc support to the Project Manager as directed by the Project Manager.
The ideal candidate must have Planning (Development focused) experience, Environmental Impact Assessment / Strategic Environmental Assessment knowledge and awareness. and have been heavily involved in the Development stages of projects.
* Take the lead on/manage tasks as appropriate and directed by the Project Manager
* Deliver (on/off site) support of Renewable Projects as directed by the Project Manager
* Input to the Environmental Impact assessment process, including preparation of Environmental Statements and Planning Applications for Renewable Projects
* Assist with the implementation of consents including the discharge of planning conditions
* Liaise and coordinate with external suppliers and contractors to ensure delivery specifications are met providing inputs on appropriate tender assessments
* Liaise with external stakeholders to ensure development activities are progressed in a competent and timely manner
* Recommend appropriate development strategies to the Project Manager
* Provide input to all commercial agreements and contracts to ensure Project risks are mitigated.
* Assist the Project Manager to prepare and present investment cases.
* Contribute to the identification and management of risks, issues and impacts to the project
* Ensure efficient and effective interfacing with the Project Services Team to input to overall project portfolio reporting requirements.
* Ensure all deliverables meet the clients Renewables business requirements
* Keeping abreast of new developments/approaches that may impact the clients portfolio
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Professional Qualification
* Up to 3 years relevant experience within selected discipline
* Experience in commercial negotiations.
* Experience of Renewables/Power Generation industry
* Ability to translate technical detail into commercial impact
* Analyse development issues providing creative solutions when required
* Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent report writing and presentation skills
* Excellent personal organisation and time management skills
* Ability to identify and source external resources and skills to appropriate project delivery requirements
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Project Management capability
* Planning/Environmental Qualification or Engineering discipline
* Windfarm design techniques
* Environmental Impact Assessment/ Strategic Environmental Assessment knowledge and awareness
* Knowledge of the local and national planning process
* Developed negotiation and influencing skills
* The ability to help to develop high quality environmental impact assessments
* The ability to help to develop and deliver high quality planning applications /consents
* An understanding of the impacts of construction on the environment