City of London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
10 days ago
- Assist the project team in discharging delegated duties and responsibilities.
- Shadow the leadership team and act as facilitators for a wide range of activities
- Undertake reviews of contractor technical submittals, method statements, work package plans, design and deliverables as required.
- Provide input into engineering solutions/specifications to resolve queries and coordinate resolution of issues where required.
- Communicate information to keep project team members informed of technical issues and progress.
- Provide support with the coordination of the supply of technical information where required and assist with managing the interface arrangements such that other disciplines are supplied with information to allow their progression.
- Monitor contractor compliance with Environmental, Safety and Health requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
- Receive and comment on contractor reports, attend contractor progress review meetings and develop and maintain supporting documentation.
- Drive own performance and progress in relation to industry accreditation/ chartership, including meeting regularly with supervisor/ mentor.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the our client Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with our client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for our client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with our client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put our client's information or information systems at risk
Main Challenges of the Job
- Respond quickly to changing priorities, working autonomously or part of a team as tasks dictate.
- Support the leadership team in day to day activities
- Taking ownership of delegated tasks and proactively manage through to completion.
- Delivering to deadline in a dynamic project environment where change is a constant characteristic.
- Creating good working relationships with stakeholders, industry partners, design team consultants and contractors
- Ensuring that all work completed meets relevant standards and best practice guidance and is documented in an appropriate fashion.
- Degree in engineering preferred but not essential
- 1 year industry experience preferable but not essential
- High standards of written communication, verbal, numerical and inductive reasoning.
- Good analysis and problem solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office tools.
- A proactive, flexible, hands-on approach to identification and resolution of problems.
- Self-motivated to overcome potential barriers and obstacles.
- Identifies and embraces change.
- A strong focus on internal and external customers.