Birmingham, West Midlands
Rail Technical Team
about 1 month ago
Job Title - Assistant Engineer (Asset Data Capture)
Location - Birmingham
Duration - ASAP - 10/08/2020
Rates - Negotiable depending upon experience
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Asset Engineer to review drainage asset survey information, manage data capture, training and work with the project manager to track progress against plan. Duties include drainage data quality tracking, planning programmes for training, mentoring, audit and assurance of outputs to build a complete detailed drainage asset data base.
The Route Asset Management Drainage and Off-track - (RAM(D&OT)) - team is part of NE&C Region's wider Asset Management organisation. Responsible for building and developing the Route's Drainage asset data knowledge to ensure compliance with policies and Standards and to build effective asset management plans for them.
In this challenging and dynamic environment, you will be:
- Working very closely with the Regional Technical Clerk and Project Manager to help direct the Drainage Data Capture project.
- The single technical (Drainage) point of contact for the DDC project.
- Responsible for managing support to the technical teams within the maintenance deliver units who are undertaking the inspections
- Responsible for provision of routine training (using existing training materials) as required in the use of the 'Polestar' data capture tool, undertake local mentoring on site across the Region as required
- Review the technical output of the drainage surveys to ensure that the systems make sense and that all potential drainage assets have been identified by cross checking against the GIS Portal (GeoRINM Viewer) and by undertaking site audit.
- With the other Drainage professionals work to build processes for management of drainage systems and feed into the Drainage Management plans for prioritisation of interventions
Reporting to the RAM (Drainage and Off Track) you will work as part of a team to deliver the Regional Drainage data requirements.
The role will include audit and compliance activities with regard to application of standards and/or business critical rules.
Your experience will include:
- Current PTS AC and DC
- Knowledge of Railway track and off-track drainage catchment and system design would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of drainage systems, components, design construction and maintenance regimes
- Experience of using site based electronic data capture systems and tools
- Knowledge and experience of using ELLIPSE an advantage, but not essential
- Good interpersonal skills in liaison and team working