Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
Title of Post: Assistant Engineer
Directorate: Central Delivery
Reports to: Routeway Delivery Manager
Date: April 2019
1. Purpose of the Job
The Crossrail programme is moving into an exciting stage, completing the construction and commissioning of the system-wide fit-out works within the tunnels, stations, shafts and portals.
C610 is overseeing the design, construction and commissioning of railway infrastructure and systems within the central section areas and require a graduate engineer to support and oversee a range of technical, quality rand site elated activities.
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Assist the project team in discharging delegated duties and responsibilities.
* Undertake reviews of contractor technical submittals, method statements, work package plans, design and deliverables as required.
* Provide input into engineering solutions/specifications to resolve queries and coordinate resolution of issues where required.
* Communicate information to keep project team members informed of technical issues and progress.
* Provide support with the coordination of the supply of technical information where required and assist with managing the interface arrangements such that other disciplines are supplied with information to allow their progression.
* Monitor contractor compliance with Environmental, Safety and Health requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
* Receive and comment on contractor reports, attend contractor progress review meetings and develop and maintain supporting documentation.
* Drive own performance and progress in relation to industry accreditation/ chartership, including meeting regularly with supervisor/ mentor.
* Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles
* Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
* Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
3. Main Challenges of the Job
* Respond quickly to changing priorities, working autonomously or part of a team as tasks dictate.
* Taking ownership of delegated tasks and proactively manage through to completion.
* Delivering to deadline in a dynamic project environment where change is a constant characteristic.
* Creating good working relationships with stakeholders, industry partners, design team consultants and contractors
* Ensuring that all work completed meets relevant standards and best practice guidance and is documented in an appropriate fashion.
5. Person Specification
* 2:1 degree in relevant discipline.
* 1 year industry experience preferable
* High standards of written communication, verbal, numerical and inductive reasoning.
* Good analysis and problem solving skills.
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office tools.
* A proactive, flexible, hands-on approach to identification and resolution of problems.
* Self-motivated to overcome potential barriers and obstacles.
* Identifies and embraces change.
* A strong focus on internal and external customers.
* Ability to share information, knowledge and skills.
IF INTERESTED OF KNOW ANYONE WHO IS THEN PLEASE GET IN TOUCH ON
0207 633 4162