Salford, Greater Manchester
Competitive + quarterly bonuses
3 months ago
Morson are the UK's leading technical recruitment agency, with over 40 years' experience, a turnover in excess of £800 million and offices across the world, we supply engineers and technical expertise to some of the world's biggest brands.
We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic Assistant Credit Control Manager to join the team based at our modern, purpose-built offices in Trafford Park (close to Media City and the Trafford Centre). The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Credit Control on all aspects of the management of the Credit Control Department and its targets.
The key purpose of this role is to act a senior support to the Head of Credit Control, and so responsibilities are varied, but will include:
- Ensure that the entire customer account portfolio is appropriately managed, highlighting and escalating issues as they arise and ensuring these are addressed on a timely basis
- Credit check all new accounts prior to being set up, monitoring existing limit changes and highlighting any reductions to the Head of Credit Control
- Monitor on a continual basis all credit insured accounts, requesting an uplift in limit if necessary and providing information to insurance brokers as required
- Oversee the management of/directly control delinquent accounts as and when they arise
- Perform account reconciliations
- Prepare quality and informative management reports
- Liaise with Credit Control team leader to ensure that accounts are escalated as required and further action is taken if necessary
- Drive process improvement and efficiencies
- Ensure departmental policies and procedure are complied with
- Ensure audit and tax compliant records are maintained
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate extended experience of management of/responsibility for large teams, and have experience of credit control within a large organisation. Experience of complex account reconciliations as well as the ability to professionally handle disputes and complaints is essential. Competency with Microsoft Office packages, in particular advanced Excel, is required. We are looking for somebody with a positive and assertive attitude, strong communication skills, and excellent attention to detail.
Commitment and hard work is rewarded with a competitive salary and commission structure, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), great benefits, an employee health and wellbeing programme, free onsite parking, and a free onsite gym. Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after every single employee. You can read more about what it's like to work for Morson at www.morson.com/careers.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.