Main purpose of role: To maximise the financial effectiveness and profitability of the business through diligent application of proper contractual and commercial practices and with the careful management of risk.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Sole responsibility for a project or a number of smaller projects.
- All Quantity Surveying duties including measurement, valuation and agreement of work sections.
- Preparation of interim applications for payment and internal valuations.
- Interim administration and settlement of subcontractors' accounts.
- Assisting in preparation of loss and expense submissions.
- Provide junior staff with guidance on their job responsibilities.
- Negotiate with clients representatives and other consultants
- Advise project management on contractual implications of intended courses of action
- Advise on commercial risks within the project or projects.
- Preparation of monthly contract review reports
- Preparation of monthly management accounts information
- Preparation of contractual and commercial input into Project Business Plan
- Establish from Contract award the project "budget to build"
- Identify change and implement change control process and agreement
- Ensure that contract documents are properly executed prior to project commencement
- Keep your manager fully advised of any issue/risk which has arisen or might arise and which could affect the business/project
- Uphold and act in accordance with LM values and principles
- Participate in and positively promote the LM 'Making the Right Choice' programme
- Ensure compliance with JV policies and procedures
- Attend and engage with JV-wide collaboration / learning and development related activities
- Constantly work to enable the broader team to deliver against EWC North goals
Key employee values and principles:
Showing energy, taking pride in role, being sensitive to impact, demonstrating drive, being committed, respecting confidentiality, doing the right thing, being accountable
Valuing and empowering others, making a contribution, considering others' needs and approaches, asking for help, recognising achievements, seeking to listen and understand, explaining decisions, acknowledging environmental impact
Creating a stimulating environment, being open and honest, demonstrating enthusiasm, seeking innovation, being flexible, being curious, providing clear direction, setting new standards, maximising unique opportunity
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
Making safety our first consideration, acting fast to mitigate risks, making proactive interventions, taking responsibility for our own and others' health, safety and wellbeing
- Best for project: Am I making best for project decisions? Am I taking best for project actions? Am I putting the project goals above my own company goals? Do I recognise LM success/failure is HS2 success/failure?
- Inclusivity: Have I involved everyone who could add value? Am I utilising the combined strengths of the team? Am I encouraging others' ideas? Am I considering others' perspectives / standing in others' shoes? Are we collaboratively setting milestones?
- People first: Am I looking after my and others' wellbeing? Am I thanking people for their contribution? Am I respecting peoples' personal lives? Am I using technology where possible to aid work life balance? Am I working in a 'safe and well' way? Am I talking first emailing second?
- Jointly seeking solutions: Am I asking for help where I need it? Am I helping others where I can? Am I making others feel comfortable 'not knowing'? Am I avoiding silo working?
Qualifications and training:
Mandatory: Degree qualified Desired: Chartership (MRICS or equivalent) or working their way towards it.