£180 - £250 per day
3 months ago
Assistant Commercial Manager
- Support the assessment & valuation of contractor's applications and processing of payment certification in accordance with contractual terms & conditions, commensurate with contractual entitlement.
- Provide associated advice and information to Project Managers on change including proposed scope changes, recommending appropriate action and producing required documentation for approval in accordance with levels of delegated authority.
- Measure from drawings or on site to establish quantities.
- Assist in preparation of estimates for works. Input cost and quantity information into estimating systems and produce reports, using cost modelling tools as required.
- Assist in preparation of tender, pricing and contract documentation. Carry out cost analysis of accepted tenders.
- Assist the Commercial Manager with the production of applications for payment/invoices to outside clients in accordance with relevant funding agreements, producing supporting documentation as appropriate. Undertake final account settlements and internal reconciliations to facilitate project close out as per the project authority and project plan within agreed timescales.
- Monitor and report on commercial aspects of projects, flagging issues at the earliest opportunity to responsible management and carry out allocated duties in accordance with corporate governance escalating any matters which might lead to corporate governance being breached and taking action to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Assist the Commercial Manager with reviewing contractor delivery, including where appropriate, attending valuation and progress meetings. For multi-year framework agreements, support the agreement and produce reconciled annual accounts within 6 months of each year-end.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- General experience in report writing and numerical data manipulation
- General experience in delivering oral presentations
- MS Office i.e. at least intermediate Excel and Word skills
- Experience of working within a commercial environment
- Knowledge of basic estimating, valuation and cost reporting, financial modelling
- Negotiation skills
- MS Project & PowerPoint