Up to £50293 per annum + Bonus, Pension
0161 707 1516
about 2 months ago
We are looking for an ambitious, driven individual with commercial and contract management experience. The role will be responsible for customer relationship and contract management with some of our key customers, as well as managing bids in relation to existing contracts. The Assistant Commercial Manager will also be required to support the growth of our business in developing new business proposals for services within our group, and the development of new contract agreements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The role will include:
- Customer Relationship Management - Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all of our internal customers, acting as the initial point of contact between the organisations.
- Contract Management - Manage the interface between our company and customer organisations, ensuring that all services received and provided are to the expected service levels. This will include regular contract meetings, monitoring, reporting and issues resolution on a regular basis.
- Bid Management - Manage bids for discrete packages of work under existing contract arrangements. Acting as Bid Manager, you will be responsible for developing the bid, managing inputs from a cross functional team, ongoing interface with the customer and managing the bid through internal governance.
- New Business Development - Respond to new service requests, coordinating and developing proposals in order to meet customer requirements. If successful, will also include development of new contract scope and terms.
- Stakeholder Engagement - Engagement with stakeholders at a range of levels both within our own and customer organisations to keep informed of contract performance and gain buy-in and approval for new service proposals.
The ideal person for these roles will:
- Be degree qualified, or have an equivalent level qualification or experience
- Have some experience working in a customer facing role, contract management role or bid management
- Some knowledge or experience of NEC contracts would be beneficial (although not essential)
- Have a customer focused attitude, with ability to understand and respond to customer requirements
- Have excellent IT skills - particularly in Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Excel
- Have excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work and work to deadlines
- Be proactive and self-motivated, with ability to work on own initiative
- Have excellent communication skills, with confident approach to dealing with stakeholders at all levels
- Be co-operative - supporting others if they require help in the short term
- Have a delivery cursed approach
- Remuneration; the salary for this role is £50,293. Annual pay reviews are conducted.
- Bonus; the Company offer a generous £4,000 per annum Delivery Bonus to all employees.
- Pension Scheme; as an employee, you will be eligible to join the Company's Defined Contribution Pension scheme.
Education & Training; we take pride in helping people learn and develop by supporting, accelerating and directing your learning. As well as the completion of mandatory health and safety courses, training packages will be offered to meet your specific needs. Supporting your learning at work is high on our agenda as it is important that the skills of our workforce meet current and future demands as well as supporting your continuing professional development.
Healthy Work-life Balance; The Company encourages all employees to effectively balance their work with their outside life. We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer paid time off for accrued hours, generous annual leave entitlements and a holiday trading scheme.
Health & Wellbeing; Other employee benefits which you would be eligible to join as an employee include a Private Medical Insurance scheme and Company Cycle scheme.
The role will be based at our Capenhurst Site near Chester, although some travel may be required as part of the role. Under current Covid-19 restrictions a significant proportion of time may be spend working from home - this is subject to change and will be reviewed in line with government advice.
About the Company:
Our company is a subsidiary of a major global player in the nuclear industry. Operating on a UK nuclear licensed site, we specialise in radioactive waste management and decommissioning services. With an ambitious business development and growth strategy over the next few years, we are looking to strengthen our team to support the development and delivery of our new and existing business streams.