£18000.00 - £21000 per annum
11 months ago
Assistant Buyer - 6 month FTC £18,000 - £21,000
The post holder is responsible for providing administration support to Buyers, Commodity Buyers and Supplier Relationship Managers (SRM) in aid of procurement of products and services in support of operational requirements in compliance with business and third party mandatory standards.
* Collate and format data used to report department performance metrics
* Expedite deliveries from suppliers in advance of operational need dates
* Transmit drawings, specifications and data to suppliers in accordance with Company
& 3rd party requirements
* Stocktaking report running / input on Visual
* Raising of Non-Visual Purchase orders via email or internet using a company credit card
* Assist Head of Supply Chain to complete procedures relating to return of defect products to suppliers, contract reviews and incoming non-conforming products
* To assist in ensuring the Company's business operating systems is current and accurate at all times
* Work closely with Operations and other Supply Chain colleagues to implement best practice and business efficiency.
* Assist in the continuous improvement and development of the procurement function and identify and deliver value adding opportunities from the supply chain.
Adhere to legislation governing employment, including but not restricted to health and safety, data protection, equal opportunities, quality assurance ensuring compliance with statutory and local policies and procedures.
Undertake other duties commensurate with the role that may be required from time to time.